This Chennai based Group is a pioneer in the field of packaging having served the packaging industry for more than 50 years. The group that was started as a finance company in 1966 has since diversified its activities to the industrial sector from 1970 onwards by reviving a sick packaging unit with a turnover of Rs 17 Lakhs in the first year. Recognizing the enormous potential for packing requirements in India, the group opted for specialization in Packing Materials manufacturing.
Gradually the group has added plastic processing units like Extrusion coating and Film extruding to be in sync with the technological developments in the world of packaging. The experience and the relationships developed by the group facilitated the diversification into trading activity connected with the packaging industry, by representing some paper mills for marketing their products in South India. In 1977, the group acquired another sick unit at Nellore and proved their capabilities, by making the unit profitable. The business experience of the group foresaw the advancements and opportunities in the Waterproof paper industry. An in-house Research & Development department was setup to develop innovative and cost-effective packaging in the year 1986.
The BLISS Group was the forerunner in developing and creating awareness of the bulk packaging concept in India. Standard Packaging, a BLISS Group Company, was the first company in India to introduce the Jumbo Bag concept and also create awareness among the users. Jumbo Bags can handles capacity upto 2,000 Kgs per bag. Their effort in the area of Research &Development has been successful in receiving various national and international awards besides patenting various products.
|World Star '98||World Packaging Organisation(UNESCO, Germany)||Central Seamless Kraft Lined PP/HDPE Woven Sack|
|India Star '98||Indian Institute of Packaging(India)||Central Seamless Kraft Lined PP/HDPE Woven Sack|
|IMC Diamond Jubilee Award '97||Indian Merchants Chamber||On-line Printing Machine|
|India Star '96||Indian Institute of Packaging(India)||Flexi-Box (Packing tobacco leaves)|
|India Star '94||Indian Institute of Packaging (India)||Biodegradable Jute FIBCs|
|World Star '94||World Packaging Organisation(UNESCO, Germany)||Biodegradable Jute FIBCs|
|World Star '93||World Packaging Organisation(UNESCO, Germany)||Jumbo Bags (FIBCs)|
|India Star '93||Indian Institute of Packaging (India)||Jumbo Bags (FIBCs)|
- A Composite Flexible Packing Box, (P.No. 168142).
- A Flexible Drum Shaped Jumbo Bag (FIBCs), (P.No. 176651).
- A Collapsible Box or Drum Type Bag, (P.No. 180691)
- A Reusable Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container, (P. No. Awaited).
- A Bulge Free Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container.
- A Multi Layered Composite bag for packing materials.
- A Flexible Bio-degradable Jumbo Bags (Jute Jumbo Bag).
- A Flexible container for storage & transportation of Bulk materials.
- A Process to make Energised and Flavoured Mineral Water & Packing in Stand up pouches.
- Acquired a sick unit in 1971 and turned it into a profitable venture in the same year.
- Developed a Reusable Jumbo Bag in the year 1990, which is a revolutionary product resulting in tremendous cost savings to the users.
- Started a Public Limited Company in 1991 for manufacture of Jumbo Bag in the fashion of an 100% EOU (Export Oriented Unit) and was listed in Bombay stock exchange in 1995.
- Merged several small companies into a single enterprise and listed in Bombay Stock Exchange to manufacture industrial packaging material for small and medium sized packing requirement.
- Received Indian Oil Polymer products dealership in 20xx.
- Third Generation takes over the reins in 2019.